BigBlueButton is an open-source web conferencing system designed for online learning and virtual meetings. The client is built with HTML5 so no application needs to be installed in your computer, mobile phone or tablet. The only requirement for accessing conference rooms is to have a modern Internet Browser like Chrome or Firefox.
The pure HTML5 has all the core features you would expect in a commercial web conferencing system (but under an open source license).
The features include real-time sharing of audio, video, presentation, and screen – along with collaboration tools such as
- Whiteboard for the presenter or multi-user
- Shared notes
- Public and private chat
- Real time polling
- Recordinging of sessions for later playback
- A teacher or presenter can create breakout rooms to have the assistants collaborate with each other
BigBlueButton has been widely adopted in the educational market but it can perfectly be used in other markets such as Virtual Congress, Remote Presentations, Corporate Meetings or Member Assembly meetings.
BigBlueButton has native integrations with other systems such as:
- Canvas (Learning Management System)
- Chamilo (Learning Management System)
- DoceboLMS (Saas/Cloud Learning Management System)
- Drupal (Content Management System)
- ILIAS (Learning Management System)
- Moodle (Learning Management System)
- Mattermost (Web-based chat service)
- Sakai Project (Learning Management System)
- Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware (Content Management System)
- Qwerteach (Saas / Tutoring platform)
- WordPress (Content Management System)
With the current spread of COVID-19 we want to offer our resources and experience to help Organisations that pursue Social Good implementing this Open Source, free and web based conferencing system.
We are specialized in developing, integrating and implementing solutions based on Open Source platforms such as Drupal, CiviCRM, Opencast and BigBlueButton for Third Sector Organisations such as NGO’s, Universities, Medical Associations, Political Parties or UN Sections.